Refunds & Returns Policy
REFUND & RETURNS POLICY
We Protect Our Customers
Bathroom Centre, a trading name of Wirral Bathrooms Ltd, registered in England and Wales as Company Number 09355480 at the registered address 2 Wigdale Row Off Station Road, Hawarden, Flintshire, CH5 3QR (the “Company”, “Us”, “Our”, “We”) is completely committed to protecting the rights of its customers (“Customer”, “You”) and to ensuring optimum quality of product and buying experience when you come into contact with the Company. The following sets out our Returns and Refund Policy which should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions.
The 14-day cooling off and return period – your first layer of protection as a valued customer – which is administered to the following terms of reference:
I. 14-Day Return Period
- You have a period of 14 days from the date of taking delivery of your purchase(s) to decide whether or not you are going to keep your item(s) even when they are in good working order.
- If you decide to return an item(s) within the 14-day period note that we can only offer a full refund on such item(s) which remain entirely unused and which are supported by all original packaging.
- Qualifying returns which are NOT being returned due to fault or breakage must:
- Be completely and entirely unused and returned as such
- Be returned by you (the purchaser) to us (the seller) as directed entirely at your own expense exclusively
- Be in an unused and good state for immediate re-sale
- Include all original packaging and documentation
- All returns, other than those for damaged and defective items reported within 48hours of delivery, are to be paid for by the Customer and should be made via Recorded Delivery with the required insurance put in place to cover you for any damage made in transit.
- Special order items cannot be returned – replacement parts will be sent out by us in the case of damaged parts of a special order item.
- Returns may be liable for a restocking charge, dependent on the manufacturer, where there is no fault or breakage at source.
- If a delivery is cancelled by you while in transit the delivery charge will still be applied and you will remain liable for the cost of delivery in full.
- If you have not used your item(s) and wish to return them within the 14-day period, you must follow the instructions laid out below under ‘Instructions for Returns’.
Please be sure to retain ALL original packaging, documentation, delivery notes and any specially made delivery equipment such as pallets until you are completely, 100% satisfied with the purchase(s) you have made from us.
II. Instructions for Delivery & Returns
In the event that an unused item(s) needs to be returned to us within 14 days of receiving the order, we need you to email us at email@example.com to provide the following information and confirmations:
- The order number and the title of the product as confirmed on the delivery note
- The reason for which a return is being sought (if faulty please state the fault)
- That you have the original delivery equipment such as any pallets, boxes and storage/haulage equipment
- Your preferred contact details
We strongly advise that this be completed within 14 days of receiving the order as we will be unable to offer a complete refund if the request is made after this guarantee period.
Please also note the following in respect to delivery and returns:
- Once a delivery and or return date has been agreed, you must ensure that someone is available to accept delivery on that day and at the time specified by the courier.
- In cases where a delivery is missed or a delivery has been cancelled whilst in transit, a re-delivery fee will apply.
- Standard pallets will be delivered to the delivery address.
- Couriers will not be able to move pallets or goods inside the property.
III. After You Request a Refund
A representative from our customer relations division will be in touch with you (note that we aim to respond within 48 hours of receiving a request). We will send you a refund request form which captures the detail you have provided us and which you will be required to sign and return to us as a validated record of your request. When we respond, we will also provide clear guidance for you on the best means of returning your item(s) to us.
IV. Faulty Item(s) – The Approach
The majority of our products are served by a 12-month warranty, with most manufacturers offering extended warranties from 12 months to lifetime. This protects you as a consumer against any product faults which may arise through the lifetime of the product. You should inspect your item(s) on delivery or within 48hours of delivery, if you notice the existence of any faults, we strongly advise that you make contact with us within 48hours and in line with the Instructions for Returns via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. Broken Item(s) – The Approach
We go to great lengths to make sure that our delivery agents provide great service, and that our products are rigorously quality controlled such that they arrive in the condition you expect of a reputable company. However, breakage can occur on the very rare occasion. As such, we strongly advise that you check and inspect your item(s) immediately as they are delivered to you or at least within 48hours of delivery. Should you notice any damage to your item(s), please make sure this is noted with the delivery agent by signing for the goods as ‘Damaged on Delivery’ rather than simply signing for the delivery as complete. Note that this is your responsibility.
If you do happen to notice damage, please record the damage via suitable photograph of the damaged area(s) of the item(s) in question. Please then inform us of the breakage via email to email@example.com within 48hours of taking delivering and including the picture(s) of the damage, the delivery number, a description of the damage and your preferred contact details. Items reported broken after 48hours from delivery cannot be returned. We will endeavour to replace broken items that are reported appropriately as quickly as we possibly can. We will make contact with you via the contact details you provide to confirm all necessary arrangements with you.
It is our commitment that we will replace all relevant damaged items at our cost if we are made aware of the damaged item(s) within 48hours of the goods being delivered, and if the above criteria have been followed by you.
VI. Important Additional Notes
You must be sure to read and understand the following in line with the rest of this policy:
- If you live in a remote area you remain liable for the timescale and cost of the collection of any applicable return and or the delivery of the replacement item
- All items returned are at the cost of the customer other than for items that are broken on delivery and where the customer has followed the relevant steps as laid out herein
- If a replacement item is a special order, a delivery date will be given as soon as we hear back from our supplier.
- We will always aim to get all replacement items delivered on the date chosen although some deliveries may have to be split between 2 or more couriers.
- Replacement orders to the Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Republic of Ireland and any other Islands not listed herein may incur a delivery charge based on weight and distance.
If you have any questions about this policy please do not hesitate to contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and regards,
Bathroom Centre (a trading name of Wirral Bathrooms Ltd)